Hi. My name is Nora.
If you have ever:
- Wanted to get started Irish dancing;
- Enjoyed Irish music & wondered how to be part of the fun of Irish culture;
- Wanted to know more because of your Irish heritage;
- Thought Irish dancing is only for girls in wigs & hoped you were wrong;
- Wanted to know more about Irish music for dancing;
- Or wanted to know more about Irish history connections to Irish dance and music;
You’re in the right place!
ABOUT Easy Irish Dance
Irish Bliss blog does the talking, and Easy Irish Dance does the teaching & doing- simple YouTube videos and full tuition online courses at the Easy Irish Dance Academy.
FIND Easy Irish Dance Channel on YouTube
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING about learning from Easy Irish Dance…
You are a fabulous teacher! Great angles and clear description. Thank-you so much! Gina, USA
Hello – Loved the DVD – very clear and straightforward, loved the sox. Hope u bring to festivals to sell maybe in future steps for sets. Great job. Keep doing it!!!!” Nora B, Boston, USA
Hi Nora-Thank you for the DVD that you sent me last week.I am enjoying it. Cheers. J. King, Melbourne Australia
ABOUT Nora Stewart
I can’t remember a time when there was no Irish influence in my life. My father, from Northern Ireland, emigrated to Australia in the late 50’s, spoke in that accent now hard-wired for me, as are the sounds of the Clancy Brothers and The Chieftains from the early days in the 70’s. Dance came early in my life too when I was 6, although it was in the form of ballet, not Irish dancing, which I didn’t start until I was in my early 30’s. I first visited Ireland in 1976 in the thick of The Troubles and it was a roasting hot summer there – very memorable.
Two more visits and I decided to live there in 1998, beginning in Cork and then moved to Dublin where I started to learn Irish set dancing with Padraig and Róisín McEneany. Got a real dousing of Irish music and dance in the six years I was there and then moved back to Australia in 2004 with my then-new husband, Martin from Armagh.
Apart from Irish set dancing, I’ve become a fan of old-style Irish or sean nós dancing and I’ve been known to sing a bit, play a bit of guitar, tin whistle and even ukelele – but don’t tell anyone that!
Nora Stewart: Dance + professional experience
- 20 years Irish set dancing experience – 1999- 2019
- 13 years teaching Irish set dancing – 2005 – 2019
- 8 years teaching Irish sean nós dancing
- 5 years ballet dancing
- 2 years Irish step dancing
- Accredited – NCIS Assistant Ski Instructor (Cross Country)
- Film-making short course – Canberra Institute of Technology (2009)